How to use tea tree oil for nail fungus (14 Expert Ways)
Nail fungus is a fungal infection that affects the nails of the feet or fingers. It is due to excess moisture being trapped under the nail. Tight shoes and synthetic socks that do not allow airflow can create a dark, damp environment under the fingernails and encourage fungal growth giving rise to nail fungus. The problem starts with a white or yellow spot on the affected nails. Now we will see how to use tea tree oil for nail fungus treatment for the better result.
Gradually, as the infection increases, the underside of the nail begins to turn yellow. When properly treated from the start-up phase, the infection can be stopped well the entire nail fade and can cause complete loss of the infected nail. Swelling, pain, and inflammation in the nail are the symptoms of nail fungus. Tea tree oil for nail fungus treatment proves an excellent home remedy for treating fungal infection.
Why it’s helpful
It is full of immense therapeutic properties and helps to treat. Applying the oil directly or mixed with other ingredients that can help get rid of the problem.
- Tea tree oil is loaded with essential vitamins and therapeutic properties that help treat your fungus.
- The anti-fungal properties of the oil help fight against fungal infections and discourage fungal growth.
- Terpinen – 4, an antimicrobial component found in it, helps stem bacterial growth.
- Studies reveal that it helps to get rid of nail fungus as well as restore and heal your natural skin around nail fungus.
How to use tea tree oil for nail fungus?
Method 1 – Tea Tree Oil and Coconut Oil
The anti-fungal property of coconut liquid and tea tree oil for nail fungus helps fight nail fungus.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with a drop of tea tree oil.
- Apply oil to the fungus of the nail and leave overnight.
Method 2 – Tea tree oil anti-fungal lotion
- Pour 30 ml of pure rose water or boiled water brought to room temperature in a dark bottle.
- Add 4 to 6 drops of tea tree oil, 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 4 tablespoons of lavender oil into the bottle.
- Close the bottle with a tight cap and shake well until the oils are well dispersed.
- Apply the mixture 3 to 4 times a day on nail fungus.
- Remember to shake the bottle well before use.
- Repeat the process until the problem is cured.
Method 3 – With Camphor Oil
- Mix 4 tablespoons of coconut oil with 3 drops of tea tree oil and 2 drops of camphor oil in a dark bottle.
- Close the bottle with a waterproof cap and shake well to mix the oils.
- Apply liquid to the mushroom nail 3 to 4 times.
- Always shake the bottle well before using the oil.
- Follow the process every day to get rid of the fungal infection.
Method 4 – Tea tree oil of antifungal powder
- Take 4 tablespoons of cornstarch or organic scented talc in a plastic bag closure.
- Add 15 drops of oil and 10 drops of extra virgin coconut oil to the powder.
- Shake the bag to mix the oils with the base powder.
- Leave the powder for 24 hours with the bag closed to allow the oil to mix well with the powder.
- Before using the powder, shake the bag.
- Using the powder on nail fungus every day to minimize the problem.
Method 5 -Tea tree oil and lemon juice
The acidic and anti-fungal property of lemon juice kills fungi and discourages the growth of the microorganism thus treating nail fungus.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and add 1 drop of tea tree oil.
- Apply the nail fungus mixture twice a day until the problem is cured.
Method 6 – Tea Tree Oil Concentrate
- Add 1 drop of oil to a cotton ball and apply directly to nail fungus.
- Follow the method every day to get rid of nail fungus.
- If your skin does not feel comfortable with tea tree oil concentrate then dilute with coconut oil or olive oil before using it.
Method 7 – With of baking soda and
- Mix 1 tablespoon baking soda with 1/2 tablespoon water to make the dough.
- Now add 1 drop of oil to the dough and mix well.
- Apply the mixture on the fungi of the affected nails.
- Leave for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash with clean water and dry.
- Follow-up with this antifungal powder.
- Follow the process every day to fix the problem.
Note: You can also add a few drops of apple cider vinegar to the mix
Method 8 – With Oregano Oil
- In 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil add 1 drop of tea tree oil and 1 drop of oregano oil.
- Mix well apply the liquid on infected nail twice a day.
- Continue the process until the problem is cured.
Method 9 – With Pure Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix one tablespoon of pure apple cider vinegar with 2 drops of tea tree oil.
- Using a cotton ball apply the prepared mixture to the nails.
- Leave for 20 minutes before rinsing.
- Use the mixture twice a day to get relief from the problem.
Method 10 – With Olive Leaf Extract
- Pour 4 tablespoons of olive leaf extract into a small glass bottle and add 2 drops of tea tree oil.
- Shake the container well to mix the liquid with the extract.
- Apply the mixture on nail fungus twice a day.
- Follow the daily method until you get relief from nail fungus and restore the natural skin around the fungally infected area.
Method 11 – With Vitamin E Oil
- Mix 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil with 1 drop of tea tree oil.
- Use oil on nail fungus twice a day.
- The oil can be applied daily until the nail fungus is healed.
Method 12 – Tea Tree Oil and Neem Oil
- Add 2 drops of tea tree and 2 drops of neem oil to 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil and mix well.
- Apply oil to infected nails with a cotton ball twice a day.
- The natural antiseptic and anti-fungal property of the three oils suppresses nail fungus.
- Follow the remedy daily until you find relief from the problem.
Method 13 – With Calendula Extract
Calendula is an excellent anti-fungal and antiseptic agent that fights fungal infection.
- Crush a few calendula leaves and add 1 drop of tea tree oil to the dough.
- Apply the paste on nail fungus and allow to dry.
- Wash with clean water and dry.
- Follow the process twice a day to get rid of nail fungus
Method 14 – With Organic Mustard Oil
- Heat 1 tbsp mustard with warm oil and add 1 drop of oil
- Apply oil and leave one night
- Follow the process every day to solve the problem
Tips and Precautions
- Remember to use pure oil.
- The oil can be applied directly or mixed with the ingredients mentioned in successful treatment. If tea tree oil for nail fungus causes irritation then stop using it.
- Take care not to follow the above methods on open wounds.
- Always keep your nails dry quickly.
- Use cotton gloves and socks to absorb moisture from nails and allow adequate ventilation.
- To facilitate the application, soak a cotton swab with essential oil and rub the affected areas.
- It is also possible to use the brush of a nail polish. Be sure to wash and sterilize it before using it.
- To prevent the spread of mycosis you can also treat the neighboring nails and the skin between the toes.
- For very sensitive skin, during a direct application, dilute 6 drops of tea tree essential oil in a teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- If you are patient and determined to make a direct application of the oil in the morning and a bath at night every day, at least during the first month of treatment. Then you can space the baths.
- Boil your used socks.
- Do not use nail polish for the duration of the treatment.
- You can complement this care with cosmetic products based on tea tree essential oil specially designed for nail fungus problems.
Continue with this for some time after the fungus-affected nails have been fully replaced by healthy nails. Remember to disinfect all your shoes.
The regular and rigorous application of the essence of tea tree makes it possible to eradicate nail fungus gradually and naturally.
After the home remedies above, keeping the nails clean and dry, using gloves and cotton socks can help cure nail fungus. Let us know what remedies have you tried to successfully treat nail fungus. If you know more use using tea tree oil for nail fungus then share them with us here.