Duties of husband: how to treat your wife in Islam with good relationship
What is husband and wife relationship in Islam?
This is what makes a Muslim family live happily and all about caring for each other. There are some do’s to care and to give importance to your spouse
Here are some Duties of husband in Islam
- Call her with sweet nicknames (the Prophet use to call Aisha “Aish”)
- Phone to tell her, “I miss U”,”I love U” when you are at work.
- Be doing things together with her, e.g. Cooking, eating, bathing Janaba, reading Quran, etc
- Treat kindly and offer everything that will soften her heart towards you (it’s a warning from the prophet on his last sermon at Arafat)
- Buy her gifts sometimes even if is candy (they love to be treated like a baby)
- It’s a good idea if sometimes you make something for her like coffee.
- Chat with her sometimes when you are together.
- Make yourself attractive to her always by smelling good (both mouth and body, its Sunna).
- Never have intercourse without a “messenger” and always make sure that she is satisfied (Recommended by the prophet)
- Help her in domestic activities e.g. Cooking, washing, tidying up the room, etc, anytime you are available (it’s Sunna)
- Don’t be jealous of people who have a luxurious life because the “Rizq” is from Allah and you both must be thankful for what you have
- Honor her parents and buy them presents and gifts sometimes.
- You must Appreciate her for care and good things she has been doing for you and be thanking her for that always.
- You must let her know how much she means to you, how much you Love her and how lucky you are to have her in your life.
- Be carrying her to bed sometimes like a baby.
- Before criticizing her, praise her first.
- Don’t Reveal her fault in the presence of others.
- Play with your wife any halal game (the prophet use to race with Hazrat Aisha)
- Teach her about the deen what she doesn’t know and encourage her on matters of the deen.
- Avoid hitting, beating or harming her (it’s not Islam)
- Encourage her to be wearing Hijab (it’s compulsory), praying the five times salaat at its fixed times and be fasting in the month of Ramadan.
- Thank Allah for the Hawa of your Life.
- Always remember her in your Duaa (prayers).
- Be the path she will pass to Janna.