Haram and Halal e codes list (pig fat found in food items)
As a Muslim, every one should know about halal e codes list and pig fat code. There are many codes people don’t know about them & they have been asking on the forms, is e471 halal or haram? So here we have haram and halal e codes list to easily understand which product have pig fat code so we can eat without any fear. we have been eating some foods that contain haram e codes without knowing the dangerous (as haram products bring sin and negativity in our body).
What is halal?
The Arabic word “halal” means “lawful” or “permit”, as opposed to “haram” which refers to the forbidden. In other words, it means all that is allowed by Shari’a, the way to follow for Muslims. It does not just apply to food but to all aspects of everyday life.
The term, in its most common sense, covers all foods allowed to the faithful, mainly of animal origin.
Halaal is meat from sheep, cattle, goats, and camels, poultry and rabbits. Seafood is also allowed. Conversely, pork, often cited as an example, is not tolerated, nor is the meat of an animal that has not undergone the ritual of Islamic slaughter.
The “dhabiha”, the halal slaughter
Apart from fish and seafood, all animals are subjected to a slaughter ritual dictated by Islamic law, called “dhabiha”. The rules are strict and allow the meat to be declared fit for consumption.
- The animal must be slaughtered alive, head turned towards Mecca.
- Animal should not be injured.
- The sacrifice is performed by a Muslim saying the name of Allah (“Bismillah Allahu Akbar” or “In the name of God, God is great”).
Let’s start with the confusing one
Is e471 halal or haram code
|Name of emulsifier||Description||Food contains emulsifier||Status|
|E471 (glyceryl monostearate)||– Manufactured from glycerin (E422) and fatty acids– Obtained from hydrogenated soybean oil and may be genetically modified –Used where the foaming power of egg protein needs to be retained in the presence of fat– In baked goods as an‘anti-staling’ agent(prevents the loss of water from starches)||– Cakes– Hot-chocolate mix,|
– Shaped crisps
– quick custard mix
– Packet dessert topping
– Dehydrated potato,
– Sponge puddings,
– Low-calorie cream
– Margarine and low fat spreads
– Ice cream.
Halal if it is from plant fat,
Haram if it is from pork fat
So now this question, is e471 halal or haram, dont need furtur explaination. Here we have listed Haram and Halal e codes list to easily identify pig fat code in any food item.
Tip: Save this picture of pig fat code in your cell phone.
Haram and halal e codes list
Note: Mushbooh means kind of confusing thing that you can’t determine if it’s good or not.
|E101||Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||MUSHBOOH|
|E105||Fast Yellow AB||MUSHBOOH|
|E110||Sunset Yellow FCF / Orange Yellow S||MUSHBOOH|
|E120||Cochineal / Carminic Acid||HARAM|
|E122||Carmoisine / Azorubine||MUSHBOOH|
|E124||Ponceau 4R / Cochineal Red A||HARAM|
|E129||Allura Red AC||HALAAL|
|E131||Patent Blue V||MUSHBOOH|
|E132||Indigo Carmine / Idigotine||MUSHBOOH|
|E133||Brilliant Blue FCF||HALAAL|
|E150a||Caramel Color/with chemicals||HALAAL|
|E150b||Caramel Color/with chemicals||HALAAL|
|E150c||Caramel Color/with chemicals||HALAAL|
|E150d||Caramel Color/with chemicals||HALAAL|
|E151||Black PN / Brilliant Black BN||HALAAL|
|E153||Carbon Black / Vegetable Carbon (Charcoal)||MUSHBOH|
|E160a||Alpha, Beta, Gamma Carotene||MUSHBOH|
|E160b||Annatto, Bixin, Norbixin||HALAAL|
|E160c||Capsanthin / Capsorbin||HALAAL|
|E160f||Ethyl ester of Beta-apo-8-cartonoic acid||MUSHBOH|
|E162||Beetroot Red / Betanin||MUSHBOH|
|E170||Calcium Carbonate (Chalk)||HALAL|
|E172||Iron Oxides and Iron Hydroxides||HALAL|
|E180||Pigment Rubine / Lithol Rubine BK||MUSHBOOH|
|E215||Ethyl 4-hydroxybenzoate, Sodium Salt||HALAL|
|E217||Propyl 4-hydroxybenzoate, Sodium Salt||HALAL|
|E219||Methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate, Sodium Salt||HALAL|
|E222||Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite||HALAL|
|E227||Calcium Hydrogen Sulphite||HALAL|
|E228||Potassium Hydrogen sulphite||HALAL|
|E230||Biphenyl / Diphenyl||HALAL|
|E232||Sodium Biphenyl-2-yl Oxide||HALAL|
|E285||Sodium tetraborate; Borax||HALAL|
|Antioxidants, phosphates, and complexing agents|
|E300||L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)||HALAL|
|E306||Antioxidants- Vitamin E||MUSHBOOH|
|E320||Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA)||MUSHBOOH|
|E321||Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT)||MUSHBOOH|
|E336||Potassium Tartrates (Cream of Tartar)||MUSHBOOH|
|E337||Potassium Sodium Tartrates||MUSHBOOH|
|E381||Ammonium Ferric Citrate||HALAAL|
|E385||Calcium Disodium EDTA||HALAAL|
|Thickeners, gelling agents, phosphates, humectants, emulsifiers|
|E410||Locust Bean Gum (Carob Gum)||HALAAL|
|E414||Gum Acacia (Gum Arabic)||HALAAL|
|E430||Polyoxyethane (8) Stearate||MUSHBOH|
|E431||Polyoxyethane (40) Stearate||MUSHBOH|
|E432||Polyoxyethane (20) Sorbitan / Polysorbate 20||MUSHBOH|
|E433||Polyoxyethane (20) Sorbitan Mono-oleate / Polysorbate 80.||MUSHBOH|
|E434||Polyoxyethane (20) Sorbitan Monopalmitate / Polysorbate 40||MUSHBOH|
|E435||Polyoxyethane (20) Sorbitan Monostearate / Polysorbate 60||MUSHBOH|
|E436||Polyoxyethane (20) Sorbitan Tristearate / Polysorbate 65||MUSHBOH|
|E444||Sucrose accetate isobutyrate||HALAAL|
|E445||Glycerol esters of wood rosin||HALAAL|
|E450a||Sodium and Potassium Phosphates and Polyphosphates||MUSHBOOH|
|E450b||Sodium and Potassium Phosphates and Polyphosphates||MUSHBOOH|
|E450c||Sodium and Potassium Phosphates and Polyphosphates||MUSHBOOH|
|E460||Microcrystalline / Powdered Cellulose||HAALAL|
|E465||Ethyl methyl cellulose||HAALAL|
|E466||Carboxymethylcellulose, Sodium Salt||HAALAL|
|E467||Sodium Carboxymethyl cellulose||HAALAL|
|E468||Cross Linked Carboxy methyl cellulose||HAALAL|
|E469||Enzymatically hydrolyzed Carboxy Methyl Cellulose||HAALAL|
|E470||Sodium, Potassium and Calcium Salts of Fatty Acids||MUSHBOH|
|E471||Mono-and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids||MUSHBOH|
|E472||Various Esters of Mono-and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids||MUSHBOH|
|E472e||Monoand diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono & diglycerides||MUSHBOH|
|E473||Sucrose Esters of Fatty Acids||MUSHBOH|
|E475||Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids||MUSHBOH|
|E476||Polyglycerol Esters of Polycondensed Esters of Castor Oil||MUSHBOH|
|E477||Propane-1,2-Diol Esters of Fatty Acids||MUSHBOH|
|E478||Lactylated Fatty Acid Esters of Glycerol and Propane-1,2-Diol||MUSHBOH|
|E479b||Thermally oxidized soybean oil interacted with mono and diglycerides of fatty acids||MUSHBOH|
|Salts and related compounds|
|E500||Sodium Carbonate / Sodium Bicarbonate||HAALAAL|
|E501||Potassium Carbonate / Potassium Bicarbonate||HAALAAL|
|E521||Alimunium Sodium Sulphate||HAALAAL|
|E522||Aluminium Potassium Sulphate||HAALAAL|
|E523||Aluminium Ammonium Sulphate||HAALAAL|
|E541||Sodium Aluminium Phosphate||HAALAAL|
|E542||Edible Bone Phosphate (Bone-Meal)||MUSHBOH|
|E551||Silicon Dioxide (Silica Salt)||HAALAL|
|E553||Magnesium Silicate / Magnesium Trisilicate (Talc)||HAALAL|
|E554||Aluminium Sodium Silicate||HAALAL|
|E555||Potassium Aluminium Sillicate||HAALAL|
|E556||Aluminium Calcium Silicate||HAALAL|
|E559||Kaolin (Aluminium Silicate)||HAALAL|
|E621||Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)||MUSHBOH|
|E624||Mono ammonium glutamat||MUSHBOH|
|E640||Glycine and its sodium salt||MUSHBOOH|
|Surface coating agents, gases, sweeteners|
|E907||Refined Microcrystalline Wax||MUSHBOOH|
|E912||Montan Acid Esters||MUSHBOOH|
|E914||Oxidised Polyethylene Wax||HAALAL|
|E1401||Acid Treated Starch||HAALAL|
|E141||Copper Complex of Chlorophyll||MUSHBOOH|
|E1410||Mono starch Phosphate||MUSHBOOH|
|E1413||Phosphated sistarch phosphate||MUSHBOOH|
|E142||Green S / Acid Brilliant Green BS||HAALAL|
|E1422||Acetylated distarch phosphate||MUSHBOOH|
|E1442||Hydroxy propyl distarch phosphate||MUSHBOOH|
|E1450||Starch Sodium Octenyl Succinate||HAALAL|
|E1451||Acetylated Oxidized Starch||HAALAL|
|E1518||Glyceryl Triacetate, Triacetin||HAALAL|
Why there is ecode printed instead of pig fat
The fat history
in all the western countries, pig meat is a primary choice of non-muslim consumers. in just France, there are nearly 42,000 pig farms but Europeans avoid fats because it’s harmful and unhealthy. Then they eat red meat and wasted the fat.
All pigs are cut in slaughter houses under the food authority department and it was a serious problem to dispose of all the fat they got by pigs.
The authority did an experiment to make soap with it so they can bring it in use instead of burning it as it was burnt about 60 years ago. they succeeded in the experiment so they chemically processed, packed & started selling soap. Other companies jumped into this business as it was a cheap source to get the oil from pig fat. in the meantime, the government made a rule to print out the ingredients manufacturers used in their product so they listed it as pig fat.
And after this. Muslim contries refuse to buy such products and it was a serious issue for the companies. Ecodes was the only solution for them so they start printing pig fat code as halal e codes. Nowadays, it is very hard to identify halal e codes so people are eating with pig fat code in food items without their knowledge.
Why pork is haram in Islam (Research)
From the Research of the 10th World Conference of Scientific Miracles in the Quran and Sunnah in Turkey 1432 H – 2011
Dr. Hanafy Mahmoud Madbouli
Head of Virus Department, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Beni Suef University – Egypt
Bachelor of Fundamentals of Religion Department of Interpretation – Al-Azhar University 1999
State Encouragement Prize in Biological Sciences 2002
The pig’s uncleanness has been achieved as well as the harm of eating meat through many scientific researches. These are some of the results:
- The pig is an animal that has teeth that eat the carcass and the mice. This is the opposite of the cattle. They have no teeth and feed only on grass.
- The absence of the enzyme Xanthin oxidase & Uricase in the pig plasma and the lack of its presence in the kidneys make it retain a large amount of uric acid in its tissues. The pig gets rid of only 2% of this acid and the rest is stored in its body. This is unlike the cattle. They dispose of uric acid in large quantities, Xanthin oxidase in cattle plasma, which breaks the uric acid to Alntoyin, which is excreted in the urine of cows in very high quantities and therefore the cows get rid of it through the urine and purify the blood and hence the meat, the beef is good & clean
- The presence of uric acid in blood and pork is proof of its uncleanness, and this is what God Almighty described as an abomination
- The amount of uricase in the kidneys of cows is about six times that of the kidneys of pigs.
- The pig in its malignant nature eats its mixed broth with its urine and also with uric acid, which makes the accumulation of this acid in its flesh in large quantities that harm the human health. This indicates the uncleanness of his flesh, as between our Lord Almighty in the prohibition of pork meat which is the abomination. verse and prohibition of pork
- The pork contains 50% of the meat fats and these fats of which 38% saturated fat so no human can digest while cows contain only 6% of fat which is easy to digest and sheep containing 17% fat is also easy to digest. This also indicates the damage done by eating pork to a pig High levels of growth hormones, which cause six types of cancers while cattle lack these hormones compared to the pig, and this is also another harm from eating pork and self-forbidden.
- Pork contains large amounts of sulfur, unlike cattle, and this is another subjective cause of the prohibition of pork.
- Pork contains large amounts of histamine and imidazole, which causes allergies and skin eczema for those who eat it while the flesh of cattle does not contain this hormone.
- Cholesterol in pork is fifteen times higher than in cows. This fact is of serious importance because these fats increase the cholesterol in human blood. This substance, when higher than the normal rate, is deposited in the arteries, especially the arteries of the heart, causing arteriosclerosis and high pressure. In most Cases of the heart attack. “These are serious damages to human health
- These damages are considered a self-justification for the prohibition.
The results of this research show the scientific miracle in the sanctity of pork, as all these damages, which are found in meat, fat and pig blood, make the pork haraam for itself, not for casual or acquired, and this is what our Lord Almighty said. i hope that know you have answer of, is e471 halal or haram? with halal e codes list and research.
List of 23 Haram Food Products in Pakistan
- Pascual Yogikids
- Chupa Bubble
- Rice Chicken Broccoli
- Pasta Chicken Broccoli
- Chicken Tonight
- Skittles Fruits
- Skittles Fruits Jar
- Picnic Chicken
- Skittles Fruit 15p
- Chicken Soup
- Slim a Soup
- Yupi Fruit Cocktails
- Cup a Soup
- Gummi Pizza
- Yupi Footballs
- Heinz Dinner Chicken
- Strawberry Leaf
- Pop Tarts
- Tulip Chicken
- Pasta Creamy Chicken
If we talk about Pakistan, Over half of the famous products available in Pakistan are coming through unconfirmed authorities + we don’t have enough technology and ways to identify haram and dangerous food ingredients in it. Muslim consumers don’t know must halal e codes to identify pig fat code in the food to avoid it.
If we talk about all Muslim countries, Multinational companies earn a lot just by selling their products to Muslim countries and:
- They put some dangerous commercials to add some taste
- And use pig fat to get rid of their pig fat storage (as it’s harmful so they just eat pig, not fat)
If Allah ask us to avoid something then it means there must be a big reasone. i hope that know you have answer of, is e471 halal or haram? with halal e codes list and research. so spreade it to your community so people can get to know about this scam.
Note by author: if i mistakly made any mistake please let me know by using contact forum so i can correct it.